Luxury Custom Home | 35 Manresa Court
Tranquility and privacy ensconced in an executive neighbourhood. A luxury custom home like no other! This Georgian-style jewel is discreetly positioned on a quiet cul-de-sac backing onto protected conservation land. It is just minutes from the amenities of the burgeoning City of Guelph. Portage or hike to Guelph Lake through the pristine St. Ignatius Old Growth Forest Trails running alongside the Speed River, and just steps from the back gate.
Swim and relax year-round in the self-cleaning, 800 square-foot by an 8-ft deep indoor pool. The indoor pool area also features an 8-ft octagonal spa, and gym area – all situated in a designated wing with soaring 20-foot ceilings. Delight in the beauty of majestic, mature trees in the professionally landscaped, fully-fenced and irrigated acre setting. The backyard is accented by a koi, cascading waterfall pond. Capture forest breezes in a screened serviced octagonal 20 X 12-foot gazebo. Enjoy a bonfire in the stone fire pit that in wintertime, centers the 80 X 30-foot skating rink.
Custom-built for a lottery winner, the 9700+ square feet of luxury living space (8095+ above grade), has ample room to graciously entertain. This luxury custom home can accommodate a large single family, extended family or staff. Formal living and dining rooms are beautifully appointed with custom crown mouldings. The main floor office features floor to ceiling custom cabinetry and oversized granite-topped desk. An expansive, main floor, open concept great room and gourmet kitchen easily seats ten.
Six bedrooms, plus one spare room, and seven washrooms. An above grade, second great room with walk-out to the courtyard is on the lower level. It has 9-foot ceilings, radiant in-floor heating and wall-to-wall, floor to ceiling windows. The lower level also has a second kitchen, and private bedroom – the perfect in-law or nanny suite. Finished and heated three-car garage with driveway parking for an additional 12-15 cars. Smart home indoor/outdoor audio and security system throughout.
Located just minutes from the University of Guelph, and a 30-minute drive, via Hwy. 7, to the Universities of Waterloo, and Wilfrid Laurier.
This beautiful, one-of-a-kind home was featured in Our Homes Magazine, Spring 2017 edition. Book your private showing today!
Property Status: Active
Year Built: 1996
- 6+1 Bedrooms
- 7 Bathrooms
- 9700+ sq ft of total living space (8095+ above grade)
- Designed and finished 3,200 sq ft of lower level living space in 2007
- Added 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a great room, and multiple storage areas all with porcelain tile
- Separate wing attached to the main house with a soundproof door
- Contains a stunning 800 sq ft indoor pool, 8 ft octagonal hot tub spa, and gym
- Radiant heated flooring in the change room with shower sink and storage; separate washroom
- 9 ft. ceilings on main and lower levels
- Master has dual walk-in closets, in-suite bath with a custom walk-in shower built for two, separate Jacuzzi tub, double vanities/sinks, wall to wall windows overlook the forest
- Master and upper hallway have 150+ year old, 1” deep white oak reclaimed barn board flooring
- Large formal living and dining rooms with custom crown moulding
- Main floor office with custom cabinetry and desk, and 150+ year old, 1” deep white oak reclaimed barn board flooring
- Expansive main floor great room with 11 ft ceiling and 150+ year old, 1” deep elm reclaimed barn board flooring
- Opens to kitchen and 60 X 20 ft cedar deck
- Eat in gourmet kitchen seats 10+ – appliances/cabinetry updated in 2012
- Main floor laundry – appliances/cabinetry updated in 2012
- Granite countertops throughout kitchen, laundry and washrooms/pool rooms
- Walk-out lower level to the courtyard
- Second great room on the lower level
- Radiant in-floor heating and floor to ceiling windows
- Lower level private nanny/in-law suite
- Generac Automatic Home Standby Generator System
- Kinetico water treatment system including R/O drinking system
- 2 X 6 exterior walls
- There is a fourth tractor/utility garage located at the back of the pool building
- Park-like acre setting backs on to protected conservation land and Speed River
- The back gate of fully-fenced yard opens to St. Ignatius Old Growth Forest Walking Trails
- 60 X 20-ft elevated cedar deck with aluminum/glass railings off main floor great room/kitchen, overlooks forest (Replaced 2015)
- Custom stone koi pond with cascading waterfall
- Interlocking brick paver driveway, courtyard and pathways front, and back
- Professionally landscaped acre with 30+-year-old trees
- Rainbird EXP LS Plus 18 stage irrigation system
- Fully serviced, screened, 12 X 20 ft octagonal gazebo
- Stone fire pit designed to center 80 X 30 ft winter skating rink
- Additional tractor/utility garage at the rear of pool wing
- Additional 8 X 16 ft storage/garden shed
Technical Details & Upgrades
- Energy efficient and soundproofing 2 x 6-inch exterior wall construction
- Energy efficient and soundproofing triple pane windows throughout (installed 2015)
- Hard-wired alarm system
- Smart indoor/outdoor home music system with security cameras throughout (installed 2012)
- Dual Whole House Generac Automatic Home Standby Generator System – covers home and pool (installed 2015)
- 525 amp service
- Kinetico whole home water treatment system with R/O drinking systems in two kitchens (installed 2016)
- Finished, heated, triple car garage
- Central vacuum replaced 2009
- Industrial sized A/C unit (installed 2013)
- Furnace system (installed 2013)
- The main house, pool house, and gazebo roof – 50-year warranty Ultra HD Shingles (Installed 2014)
- All eavestroughs and rain gutters (replaced 2014)
- Two water heaters – Combi (replaced 2015)
- Upgraded garage doors (installed 2015
- New doors throughout (installed 2015) Custom front door (installed 2007)
- Upgraded thermal insulation (installed 2015)
- Upgraded front entrance way in 2007 with the addition of a slate porch, portico railing and custom fibreglass door with side window panels
- Updated wall and ceiling paint throughout main and upper floors (2015)
- Upgraded window treatments throughout (2015)
- LED lighting throughout
- Light fixtures updated throughout
- Maintenance free, self-cleaning 800 sq ft indoor pool, with 8 ft octagonal hot tub spa, and gym; radiant heated flooring in change room; shower and separate washroom
Need more info?
Contact us to view this property or to get more information. Comprehensive package available for interested buyer.
Learn more about Guelph Realtor Andra Arnold!