As a Guelph realtor, I have helped my clients, as well as their friends and families, buy and sell their homes many times over! My experience in the real estate industry has shown me that there is often much more to each of these processes than my clients are originally aware of.
While every real estate transaction will go differently, this post covers some of the basics that you can expect during the process of selling your home and should hopefully give you a bit more insight into the process.
- You should begin the process of selling your home by choosing the right Guelph realtor. Choosing the right real estate professional can make many of your real estate decisions much easier. They can help you figure out the best time to put your home on the market, the best price to list your home at and the best way to market your home. The right professional can take the stress out of selling your home.
- The next step will be getting your home ready. Once you have hired a realtor and discussed all your options, you will be ready to list your home. Before you take this next exciting step, you will need to make sure your home is ready to be listed on the market. This could mean completing any repairs or upgrades you plan on making to your home or simply staging your home to appeal to more buyers.
- Marketing your home is an important part of the selling process both before and after your Guelph realtor helps you list it. If you know for certain you will be putting your home on the market, but need some extra time to get it ready, you may still be able to start marketing your home. Building up anticipation for a great new home that will be coming onto the market can help you hit the ground running. Your realtor will also help you market your home once it is listed, which is just one of the benefits of working with a real estate professional.
- There are a couple of different ways that your home can be shown to potential buyers. The buyer’s realtor may show them your property based on what they are looking to purchase or you can attract potential buyers by holding an open house.
- Once buyers begin making offers on your home, you may get a great one or you may need to negotiate. While some buyers may want to see a lower price, money is not the only thing that can be negotiated during a real estate transaction. Negotiations take place to help ensure that every party involved is as happy as possible with the final agreement and the process of selling your home can continue towards closing.
- Appraisals and inspections are also part of the selling process. These take place after a purchase offer is accepted or negotiations have been completed but prior to closing. During this process, both parties are notified of anything that needs to be repaired or replaced and the buyer is made aware of the exact specifications of the property. The buyer may then request certain repairs be completed, which may result in further negotiations.
- The selling process is completed at closing, where contracts and any other necessary formal documents are signed, funds are transferred and keys are exchanged. This process is often not as simple as it seems and involves quite a few steps itself.
If you have any questions about the selling process or if you are interested in selling your home, give me a call today at (519) 766-6041! I can’t wait to help you find the perfect buyer!