Coldwell Banker Neumann Policy Update | April 3rd, 2020
- On March 27th, Coldwell Banker Neumann Real Estate suspended the support of all activities that require any personal interaction between 2 or more people including showing homes, with a commitment to reevaluate on a week to week basis.
- In the ensuing week, we and our salespeople have continued to support our clients, particularly those in mid-transaction. Proving that necessity is the mother of invention, we applaud those who have managed to support their clients’ needs while not endangering the community. We are proud of you.
- As the COVID-19 Pandemic has spread globally and locally, there has been no new medical advice to indicate that the policy we invoked a week ago is anything other than correct, and if employed aggressively, will save lives.
- We understand that our policy affects your business, as it does ours – this has not been a business decision. Clearly, we have made a conscious decision that the wellbeing of our community, and very specifically those on the front line serving our health needs are of utmost importance at this time.
- The best medical advice remains to avoid contact, and act as though you have been infected. It is the asymptomatic who are spreading COVID-19. As such, any questionnaire or statement that has the effect of implying that if you have not been outside of the country, and are not displaying any symptoms, you are somehow less at risk or of risk, is false and dangerous.
The way forward:
- We will continue to evaluate our company policy, and are committed to being guided by the principles laid out above.
- Eventually, we may reach a stage where a significant number of people have been infected, and recovered, and move back into the workforce. We are, however, not there yet. When this begins to happen, and medical advice supports it, our policies will be amended to reflect the new reality at that time
- We thank you for your understanding and support. We also invite you to spread this message to your sphere of influence.